About PSI and the Exhibit
• PSI is a 501c3 educational organization; all contributions are fully tax-deductible.
• The exhibition and catalog will be a high visibility opportunity for recognition.
• Donors will be recognized in banners, signage, labels, and the catalog (if published).
• Donors can designate where they want their gift to be spent: catalog, reception, educational programs, operating expenses for the show, etc.
• The 20th Anniversary is a milestone to be celebrated within the entire creative community of Pittsburgh.
• PSI and the History Center will offer programming educational opportunities for communities involved in writing, journalism, art, and design through many high school field trips and associated programs.
• PSI remains a charitable Society funding scholarships and is open to the community for every program, and is always interested in the education of the next generation of practitioners as well as the professional needs of our members.
Hot Off the Press
The Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators’ latest newsletter just came out and yours truly has made the headlines! I’m very fortunate to be a part of such a talented, successful, diverse group of artists. Everyone is so generous with their expertise, which I have had to call upon more than once. I’m honored to be a part of their group.
Check out their website! You can click on any artist’s name and see samples of their work and learn just how much their work has been a part of YOUR life and you didn’t know it… famous maker product ads and labels, children’s book illustrations, comic books, magazine art, and Disney movies, no less!
So, about the Heinz History Center Exhibit: Art of Facts. The Official opening date is on Saturday, July 22, 2017 and is open to the Public. PSI will host a reward reception midweek sometime in October/November. I will keep you posted, as it should be worth attending! The exhibit will continue into 2018.
You can’t imagine how much this exhibit is costing PSI! I was shocked, and therefore not surprised when we members were asked to fund raise. So here it is… Visit the PSI website and look around. It’s a very worthy non-profit group to support. If you feel the love, click on the Donate Button in the upper right corner of their home page. PayPal will take you the rest of the way. My sincerest thanks to all of you, whether you donate or not.
See you in July?